Senior Special Events
Through rewarding partnerships with local schools
and organizations, Community Services sponsors a number of special events
for senior adults throughout the year:
Healthy Living Lecture Series
Wednesday, May 24, 2017
12:30 p.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Forest Hills Fine Arts Center • Free Admission!
Sponsored by Mercy Health
Area senior citizens and their friends and families are invited to attend our free yearly event focusing on senior health. Plan on spending the afternoon to enjoy informative lectures by Mercy Health medical professionals, numerous exhibitor booths, health screenings and services, door prize drawings, and free healthy refreshments. You'll have a great time at this popular event where your health and wellness take center stage!
Keynote: Shelley Irwin,
WGVU Host and Producer
Shelley hosts and produces The WGVU Morning Show as well as hosts two PBS community affairs programs. She has been honored with five consecutive AWRT Gracie Allen Awards for her work. Her keynote address is titled, "Aging Gracefully," and it will be presented at 1 p.m.
Professionals from Mercy Health will present three 30-minute presentations with 15 minutes for questions and answers.
• The Importance of Brain Health, 1:30
Presented by Philip B. Gorelick, MD
Medical Director, Mercy Health Hauenstein Neuroscience
• Palliative and Supportive
Care, 2:30 p.m.
Presented by Rafael Bloise, MD
Medical Director, Mercy Health Palliative & Supportive Care
• Signs and Symptoms of Vascular Disease,
Presented by John (Jack) Morris, DO, FACOS, RPVI
Vascular Surgeon, Mercy Health Heart & Vascular
Stay the Afternoon
Besides the lectures, there is a lot to see and experience:
• Exhibitor booths and health screenings provided by local businesses and organizations.
• Door prizes include $400 in gift cards from Forest Hills Foods and Fuel; $500 in VISA gift cards from Lake Michigan Credit Union; and $400 in gift cards from Design 1 Salon Spa. You do not need to be present to win.
• Healthy snacks provided. We will have
water in bottles to drink.
It's All Free! • No Reservations Required